- Key Initiatives
Kosciusko Connect LLC is a growing broadband service provider and a subsidiary of Kosciusko REMC. We are building a state-of-the-art fiber network to bring high-speed internet to rural Kosciusko County. We offer residential and business internet, VoIP, Ethernet, and dedicated services. Our customers enjoy best-in-class hardware and mobile applications to help manage their own networks. We started connecting internet customers in December 2021 and currently have over 5,000 new fiber customers!
We are excited to add a Business Development Specialist to our team! The Business Development Specialist will be the main contact for all business customers and manage the sales process from start to finish. You will work with the Kosciusko Connect and Kosciusko REMC staff during the sales process to accomplish the objectives of installing telecommunication services. We need you to generate sales leads, increase Kosciusko Connect revenues related to commercial services, and identify expansion areas within Kosciusko County. You will be a valued member of the Marketing and Communications team as a collaborative contributor on marketing strategy, tactics, and execution. Performance reports relating to sales metrics will also need to be developed. Salaried Pay Range: $61,671 – $80,000.
• Minimum of an associate’s degree in business administration, marketing, or another related
business degree. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• This position is an intermediate-level position with a minimum of four years-experience preferred. Candidates with less experience and a proven track record for building relationships and increasing sales revenue year over year with an entrepreneurial mindset will be considered.
Core Responsibilities, Knowledge, and Skills
• You must have the ability to learn all business internet packages, private ethernet connections, telecommunications, and dark fiber leases products and service.
• You need proficiency in prospecting, cold calling, and the overall sales pipeline.
• Excellent marketing, communication, and research skills are needed to attract, convert, and retain customers.
• The ability to work with senior staff is required to define and analyze expansion areas for our fiber network in Kosciusko County.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in building strong relationships with customers.
• We strive to solve telecommunications issues with our customers, which requires excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
• Time management and organization skills are key in handling multiple sales customers.
• Travel to customer sites is required to meet with customers. The ratio between office and field work is 80:20. Some overnight travel may be required for training or off-site meetings.
• Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds safely.
• You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, have a valid driver’s license, and reside within a 30-minute commute to the Kosciusko REMC/Connect headquarters in Warsaw, Indiana. Our hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. with a half-hour lunch.
Culture And Benefits
• Our employees are our most valuable asset, so we offer excellent benefits: Pension, 401(k) match, HDHP medical, HSA, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, nine paid holidays, your birthday off, sick/personal time, and vacation.
• We provide training and professional development to help you further your career goals.
• Kosciusko Connect LLC is a subsidiary of Kosciusko REMC, and both are headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana. Kosciusko REMC was incorporated in 1936 and is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative with over 18,000 northern Indiana families, businesses, schools, and farms. Kosciusko REMC consistently provides members with one of the lowest residential rates in Indiana, has invested in technologies that maintain a steady and safe source of power, and has been committed to helping our communities grow and prosper.
• Kosciusko REMC/Kosciusko Connect LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume through Indeed.com by February 13, 2023.
- Kosciusko Connect LLC
- Job Title
- Business Development Specialist
- Positions Available
- $61,671 - $80,000