- Key Initiatives
Full-Time – 37.5 hours
• Audit all intangible property.
• Determine market value-in-use of all tangible property.
• Receive and process business personal forms and abatements, receipt payments for buggy plates and stickers, audit forms, mail documentation to appropriate parties, enter information into computer and type labels.
• Maintain files and supporting documentation of personal property forms.
• Sort mail and hand deliver documents, such as personal property forms, mobile home information, abatements, and address changes into tasks.
• Process returns from accountants and taxpayers.
• High school diploma/GED
• Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain required certifications, such as Level I and Level II Assessor/Appraiser Certification, with the potential for obtaining Level III.
• Ability to meet all employer and departmental hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test.
• Knowledge of and ability to make practical application of standard practices, policies, and legal requirements governing department operations, with ability to accurately process property records, maintain department files, and assist co-workers and members of the public accordingly.
• Knowledge of computer software programs used by the department for entering and maintaining data.
• Knowledge of standard English spelling, grammar, and punctuation, ability to prepare written reports as required.
- Kosciusko County Government
- Job Title
- Personal Property Deputy - Assessor
- Positions Available