- Key Initiatives
Produces machined parts by operating, setting up computer numerical control (CNC) Swiss turning centers; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. May be required to perform some programming. The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet’s principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate, set up, and could program Swiss CNC machines within specified tolerances following work
instructions and in accordance with machine programs and engineering drawings.
• Propose new production Set ups and change offsets/tooling in machines as part of the new setup.
• Perform difficult CNC Machinist work including progressive machining of a variety of parts and different metals where very close tolerances must be maintained.
• Read and evaluate blue prints or specifications.
• Troubleshoot and understand CNC programs and processes.
• Improve and produce work Instructions.
• Assist Engineering with redesigning fixtures to increase quality standards and productivity, change dull tooling, and/or make minor offsets and adjustments as needed for tooling wear.
• Ensure product quality is achieved by working to operator owned quality (OOQ) standards and requirements including using a range of measuring equipment and interpreting readings.
• Propose adjusted speeds and feeds for different machining requirements.
• Perform routine maintenance as per daily machine checklist and adhere to PM schedule.
• Perform hand finishing.
• Follow Good Manufacturing and Good Document Practices (GMP/GDP) at all times including completion of job routers/ cards.
• Ensure safe working practices are carried out to minimize risks to the job holder and/or colleagues, including identifying and reporting Safety, Health & Environmental issues.
• Achieve set productivity targets and identify ways of improving productivity.
• Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system.
• Identify and support Continuous Improvement activities.
• Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor, participating in the resolution as required.
• Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by supervisor;
• Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor, participating in the
resolution as required.
Qualification Requirements Educational/Training Requirement:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates degree/certificate in Tooling & Machining or Machinist apprenticeship preferred
5+ years experience working in a production environment (E/D) required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to operate, set up, and maintain a CNC Turning Center
• Ability to run multiple Swiss CNC Turning centers
• Ability to set up, adjust offsets and operate and run development and production jobs
• Ability to program with some level of supervision
• Solid necessary math skills, including measuring and keeping count records
• Effective at planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks and activities with the ability to deal with competing demands within specified timescales
• Able to read and follow technical drawings and diagrammed instructions
• Proven record of quality, on-time production runs
• Demonstrable commitment to safety at all times
• Attention to detail alongside ability to perform repeatable task over a prolonged period of time
• Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
• Problem solving ability
• Good communication skills, written and verbal
• Solid computer skills
• Ability to train new or lower level machinist
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Job Title
- CNC Machinist III -
- Positions Available